Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Home Improvements! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Home Improvements!
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last night we started pulling the wallpaper off in the kitchen and we have found that there is two layers of wallpaper. So it is going to be a longer process then we thought. Good thing we started when we did so that we can have it ready when the counter tops get installed. I believe that we both hope we can complete this first improvement by the end of the weekend.

We are taking before and after pictures so everyone can see the new improvements.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some people don't know how to hang wallpaper. Most people know you take the current paper off before putting up new paper. Must have been too lazy to take it off. Hope don't have too much trouble taking it off. Can't wait to see what you put up. Apples are my favorite for a kitchen. Good luck in taking off the old wallpaper and have fun putting up the new.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we got the wallpaper off and ready to prime then paint. If you put all our time together on how long it took you could say about 4-5 hours.

We are only putting up a border after we paint, because that is much easier than wallpaper the whole thing. If we went the route of wallpapering it all again we would have to hire out. I wouldn't touch that task with a ten foot pole.

I can't wait until the finish product! We are taking before, during and after pictures so we can share with everyone our experience.

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well We are ready to do our final paint to the kitchen.

Eric is in the process of sanding under the cupboards where he had to pull the back splash they had all the way up the wall and met with the top cupboards. It was the worst part of the kitchen and we didn't even get a picture of it. I guess we got to caught up with getting it done and forgot.

By the end of the month it will all be together. With new counter tops and an apple border at the top of the wall. We are excited to have it all completed.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited January 01, 2001).]

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wondering what color counter tops you are putting in? Can't hardly wait to see what it will all look like. Don't know when we'll be coming other then for Grandma's funeral and feel we should stay with the family but if it don't work out with them, how would you feel if we came to stay with you? And how far would you be from St. Paul?
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't think staying with us would be a problem.... Just let us know if things don't work out.

Countertops won't be here for another month. Then our kitchen will be complete. Our border for the kitchen arrived this week. I can't wait until it is done either

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our counter top color is going to be a Coral Sage. It is a multipule color, but the primary color is a green. Country green that is. Very soft color.

Excited to see the finished product. Calling Home Depot today to see if got the bid to install them and pay it in full. Then it will be 3-4 weeks before it will arrive. So it could be the first part of Feburary.

The counter tops now doesn't look to bad now that we painted the wall. With the wallpaper they had it looked terrible.

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excited for you!
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad to hear you guys got so far with the kitchen. Why is it that every time a person decides to do something it seems like it ends up being a bigger job than you plan on. But it sounds like you two came through it with flying colors. Were you still speaking to each other by bedtime?

I didn't look at the counter top but it sure didn't stick out to me that it was really bad. And I was even in the kitchen helping with supper.

You have a very nice house !!!!!

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

We did very well. I don't think that we argued much at all. Once in awhile I got a little upset with him when he hit the ceiling with the roller and dark paint on it. So he has more work to clean that up, but we did very good. We pretty much fell into bed because we worked so hard.

The kitchen isn't completed yet, but it is our goal by the end of the month, before the counter tops come. The old counter looks pretty good with the paint we used, but I do think the one we are getting is going to add a lot of more character to it. Now we want to get new flooring, because what is on the floor is too white and shows every little piece of dirt. We will wait and see if we get our rent deposit back.

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sound like you're having fun! I'll agree on that white stuff!! No good! We have some and it does show every dirt there is! I'm(and Jeff)sweeping the floor 5(if not more)time a day!
Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have had a successful weekend. Painted Maria's room and the upstairs bathroom yesterday along with changing some hardware in the bathroom, changing the outlets to white supplies so that it looks good with the color we have chosen. Now today we are going to hang the wall border in both rooms we painted. Can't wait to see the finished results.

Wed Jan 30th our counter tops will be arriving. Then on Feb 5th they will be installed so the kitchen is coming together nicely. That will be even more exciting.

Two more rooms to go and then the summer jobs will start....LOL It just doesn't stop does it. We like it though.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that you own your own house there is always something to do. Or should I say always things that you want to do. Some could wait but a person is always anious to change things to your own liking. Good job you guys. I can't wait until the outside work get started. That is something I like.
Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Our goal is to have as much done inside of our house that we want to do that when summer comes we can spend most of our time out there doing the necessary repairs and improvements.
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do we that live aways away get a peek on the website of the kitchen???? Any pictures coming for us to view?
Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: