Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » RE: Is everyone busy?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: RE: Is everyone busy??
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No body is adding much lately. Is everyone busy? Someone must have something to say.
I got the reservations for March 31 made and did I ever have a time. I took one two bedroom and 3 over size suites. When it gets closer to the time and we know just how many are coming and if I have to many rooms we can cancel them. That hotel is busy. Anyway they make you think they are. I talked to 4 different people on my travel service and got 4 different answers.
Got to go now to work. Hope to hear from some one when I get back. haha

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are here and alive. I thought, maybe, something happened to you.... Glad to see you have made it back from the dead...LOL You work toooo hard!

I fought with a fever for several days and then ended up with a chest cold. I'm finally over it, but it took a lot of resting. Maria had the runny nose, but she so far has missed the flu part. Now Eric has the cold and I'm hoping that it doesn't hang on him like it did me, because it wasn't fun. Eric thought he lost his wife, because I would fall asleep so early every night, but my body needed it.

That sounds good for March 31st. We plan on coming. This is the place with the water park fun stuff right? Let me know so I can get a new swim suit. The one I have is wore out.

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes this is the one with the water park. I am going to ask if we can get in right after lunch.
I want to get the grandkids picture taken with me at Prox that morning. How early can every one get here? I will make an appointment for the time we want to get them taken. I was wondering if they all could wear demin. Wouldn't that look nice?
Then there is an elderly man here in Rochester, 82, and we share the same aunt. By that I mean, she is my aunt by marrying my mothers brother and his aunt because she is his fathers sister. Anyway I was wondering if anyone would be interested in meeting him that day and hearing about his canoe trip last year down the river from here to Iowa. Him and his 79 yr old sister went for 19 days last July on this canoe trip alone. He is an interesting man and has had an interesting life. I thought you might like to hear about his trip and life. Or do you think that it would take up to much of our time?
Thought we could go out to eat someplace for lunch and then have something delivered or you can bring what you would like to eat. The two bedroom has stove and oven etc. The studios have stove burners and refrigs. etc.
I think Jean and Jim will be bringing Mom. and they will be eating lunch on their way here.
Then for those who are still here Sun. at lunch thought we could go to Country Buffet.
Any other suggestions let me hear.
Now just so it doesn't blizzard that week or week end. If it does I have no idea when we could do it then. The rest of my year is going to be full already. So hope for the best.

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would like to have a stressless weekend. I feel if we are doing a lot of running around that it will be a little more difficult to relax and enjoy each other.

If it would be possible to have the 80 yr old guy meet us at the hotel and sit visit with those who want to visit with him that it would cut down on the running around.

Saturday if everyone can be there by 10 to have mom and all grandchildrens picture taken that it would be a reasonable amount of time. That way everyone doesn't have to leave at such an unreasonable time in the a.m.

Denim sounds good. Does it matter what is on the denim? Maria has a cute snowman denim jumper that she loves and looks cute in. What color shirts would you want to go with it?

As for the meals I'm open to just about anything. Since we have the kitchen space why don't we make at least one meal, order in the evening meal then Sunday go out as you suggested. That will, also, cut down on the running.

[This message has been edited by Sheryl (edited February 14, 2001).]

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 13 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had planned on Ted come to the hotel, in the afternoon. We can all sit in the suite and if some one isn't interested they can watch the children in the pool.
I think different colors with denim would make it more colorful. I was going to wear my denim jumper too. With a white shirt I think.
If were going to eat in the hotel, lunch, we will have to plan what every one should bring. And ask if we can get in to the rooms early.
Did I answer all of the questions? Can't think of anything else you asked.
Sorry you and Eric have been sick. You should get some of this Echinacea I have to mix into hot water as tea. It helps me. I can get sick and drink some and usually be over anything I get in 24 hrs. And I usually don't get to sick.
It is promotes the bodys natural resistance by supporting a healthy immune system. It is popular in Europe to strengthen and enhance overall well-being.
Green tea is another good product to drink alot at all times. It does almost the same thing. Green tea is also good for loosing or maintaining weight.
Hope you all get well soon.

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool....have Ted come to the hotel to visit and to get to know him. It will help us from running around too much.

Lunch we could do something like a hot dish and then everyone add to it. Example....lettuce salad, fruit salad, chips, pop, etc I would be willing to make a hot dish, probably will need more than one though being that there is so many of us.

Like the idea about the different colors for the photo. Does the 10 a.m. time sound good to everyone?

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it is a 4 hr. drive for us and to be there by 10 a.m. we'd have to be up and gone by 6 a.m. no later. Is there anyway you could look into a motel close by that is reasonable for us to be there Friday night? I don't want to spend more then $70 if you do find a motel if it is cheaper it would be better. Let me know.

Denim is fine to wear for the pictures. Would it be possible to have all of our picture taken either at Prox or just at the motel but with all of us dressed in denim?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

The picture taking was intended for mom and all the grandchildren. Just like the one we had taken when Jason was a baby. If you have proex come to the hotel it will cost a lot more.

Wow, I though Rochester was closer to you then 4 hours...hmmmm

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sheleen, you are only 3 hrs. from here. But I can get a room with two beds and nonsmoking at Days Inn on the road you will be coming in on for $50.15 I have it reserved til 4pm the 29th. If anyone else would like to come Fri. night I can get more rooms in that same hotel. Shannon and JP will be coming in on that road too. And Prox is near there. There is no swimming pool but I didn't think you would be using that anyway. Let me know if you want it and if anyone else will want one.
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This other Hotel is for what? For those that are coming on Friday night? Then Sat. will be at the Big Hotel with indoor water slides?

We can leave about 5or6pm in the morning to be there by 9-9:30. I'll see what Jeff wants to do. Other wise we could leave by 4or5pm Friday night.

Picture deal sounds find. Question thou: Denim on the bottom and color shirt on top? Or denim all around?

[This message has been edited by we5andjj (edited February 15, 2001).]

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking but it is only 3 hours to come to Rochester. We'd still like to come the night before so keep the reservations.

I wasn't thinking of Proex coming to the hotel. I was thinking someone with a camera that takes picture by it self. But whatever
thought it would be nice since it don't happen that we are together that often.

I was wondering ,also, about where the denim is to be all over or just bottoms or just tops? Suggestion: the boys wear denim pants with a blue print shirt and girls wear denim dress and white shirt?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No no no...

I think we all should wear Demin shorts, floral underwear, mittens, and purple long sleeved shirts.... heheh

just kidding...but I couldn't resist

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

My understanding the hotel is for those who want to come in on Friday evening until Saturday when we go to the other place with the water slides.

Having pictures with all of us would be fun, but are all of us going to be there? JP and Sue? We could take a group shot at the hotel with anyones camera that wants one. We will bring our tripods if anyone else has one bring it.

We are looking forward to this and hope that everyone else is to.

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Got Shannon in on this now. Good.
As for the clothes we should wear. I think Sheleens suggestion was good. And if any one else has any better suggestion other than Eric. heheh
The hotel is for Fri. night for the ones who want to come in on Fri. That one you have to pay for. I pay for the one on Sat.
I think 10am is good. That way I can get Meda taken care of before we go. Kind of wish we could all go there for her to see us. But maybe if the weather is good I'll go get her and Geneva and bring them to the hotel in the afternoon. That way Grandma and Jean can meet them too. Also I don't think we all can get into Medas apartment. And I will be going to go get Ted so can just arrange to pick them all up.
I have some suggestions on hot dishes that I;ll put on the form for Hungry.
I got to run now and go get Brice from school and take him to the dentist. Three blocks from his school so were going to walk. Then get out of there in time to go pick up Emilie by 3:15, Going to be a trick. haha Then we should be back by 3:30 and I'll check Shannon to see if you guys want a room Fri.
I have a funny feeling that Jeff and Sue might not be there the 31st. I wish they could be but with this new calf business I have a feeling they aren't going to be able to leave for anywhere for quite some time. I will work on them though.
Would be nice to have a group picture at the hotel of all of us. Sheryl I think you are the only one who has a trypod ha miss spelled. No time to chech spelling or edit. Take it as it is. haha
This is getting to be exciting. I mean the get together.

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sounds like so much fun that pretty soon I am going to ask if I can come. Just kidding!

I hope the weather is good for you guys because everyone is sure trying to get there. It should be a fun get together for you guys.

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: