Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Winter Wonder Land (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Winter Wonder Land
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just lost all of our snow as of yesterday due to all the rain and now we are back to winter wonder land!!!!!!!!

It's not good with the snow on top of all the rain we got yesterday and the temp is going down. It will be interesting to see what tomorrow will bring. Kids are hoping for a snow day-something we haven't had for 2 yrs.

What's it doing by you????

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have about 3" of snow and it was a wet/sloppy day. Yes, it should be interesting to see what happens for the morning commute.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the past 3 days it has been like spring here! Today, was 50's and so nice. We all took a walk with no coats. Is it Feb or April? Can't tell by the weather that is sure. We even saw a robin! You hear the birds singing, also. It almost makes you believe it is spring. Tomorrow though we are expecting it to turn quite cold and even a possiblity of snow.
Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This morning we woke up to no snow but by the time we left for church this morning it was pretty white out. It is now getting heavier and we are expected to get 3-6 inches of snow today but for the next 3 days we are to get more. Winter is finally going to come one good thing is that spring isn't too far away, thank goodness!

By the way love the pictures you choose for our family. That is a favorite family picture of mine.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes we sure did get the snow today. It seemed like 6 inches but the wind was blowing so hard today and did a lot of drifting.

I went to New London about 1:00 and it was hard driving. We had a employee bowling party at the New London bowling alley. There was only 3 families. Normally we have all 6 lanes and the place is full of people who just come to watch and eat pizza. The weather was really bad to be driving in. Coming home about 4:00 the highway was almost glare ice except places that the snow had difted. I don't think I drove over 35 all the way home. Of course there were people driving faster than me.

I saw at least 10 snowmobiles out, snow plows and a lot of people shoveling. Dustin tried to shovel for me about 11:00 but most of it blew shut again. Thanks Dustin for trying.

I shoveled my deck tonight and made my one knee very uncomfortable. Oh well it will be okay.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well we got a light dusting here in Coon Rapids.... Nothing more

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1138 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We lucked out when we left Stacy's yesterday around 3:30. We noticed cars with snow on them coming from the cities. We just had spots of where it was raining. So where did it all snowed?

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

URRRRRRRRRR!

Where is all this white stuff!? We want to go sledding some more and this time on snow not dirt. Everyone around us is getting it, but not us.

It has been nice for driving, but no playing. Honey we need to get rid of the snow blower! Just kidding!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

We have a nice snow cover! We even have an old snowblower that works great on this stuff. I believe this is our 3rd nice snow fall! Our kids just love this! They were hoping for the morning off from school this morning so they could play in it but they had to wait until after school. Bryant was singing I love snow on his way out for school.
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't know about the rest of you but Sheleen in Spicer and me here in Willmar are really getting dumped on. I don't think we have gotten over 4 inches of snow yet but the winds are so high. Gusts up to 50 miles an hour, so it makes a ZERO visibility at times.

I think it is still snowing but it is hard to tell with all the snow blowing around.

I didn't make it to my second job this morning and we are going to have a problem with the Spring Home Show at the Civic Center with the Tupperware Booth. I am suppose to work 1:30 til 6:00 but I think everyone that was going to work this morning all live out of town. So I suppose I had better get into the shower in case I have to go in early. I have been up since 5:30 thinking I was going to my second job. Than when I knew I couldn't make it I had to stay up until 6:45 to call in and her I still am on the computer. Oh well I will just have to go to bed early tonight.

What are the rest of you getting??????

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Posts: 1399 | From: Eau Claire, WI USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 12 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't have to worry about the Spring Home Show at the Civic Center with the Tupperware Booth because it has been cancelled for today.

Sheleen, I hope you guys are listening to this weather information. I have my scanner on and they are talking about many white outs. Not to be a mother here and tell you what to do, but please stay put where you are safe. I hope this wasn't the weekend you were going to try and go to LaVerne again, because they are really getting hit.

Oh well a day to myself all day. I haven't had one of these for a long time because of all my jobs.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

Sharon
Forum Regular
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sharon   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm home all day to, for the first time since I have moved in with Geneva. I've been wanting an excuse like this for a long time to stay in all day and the best thing is that it is on the weekend and I don't have to even try and go anywhere.

Were having lots of wind right now too. We had rain last night and a little snow this morning but not alot.

Hope your all enjoying your day. I am.

--------------------
Sharon Kay

Posts: 211 | From: Rochester, MN 55902  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Well, we did finally get some snow, but we got freezing rain underneath of it...yuk!

I did venture out at 6 a.m. this morning and made it to work by 6:30 worked a 6 hour day. The roads are kind of a mess, but they are drive able as long as you take it slow and don't drive like a maniac. All the other drivers were doing the same so that made it easier.

So I got a little OT this week and still alive to speak about it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

According to Belinda Jensen on Kare11 News...New London had 6" of snow and we got 3.5" of it.

--------------------
Sheryl

Vonnie
Grand Member
Member # 4

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Vonnie           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
New London also got 4 inches earlier this week. I think Willmar only got 2 that storm. But yes I will go along with the 6 today. And than just imagine 50 miles an hour winds. so that makes some of the shoveling 3 times the 6 inches. My side walk totally fills in when it is that windy. I didn't get that shoveled today.

My arthritis in my thumb hurt to bad to keep going and I slipped while I was shoveling and my right knee didn't like that and it let me know I was doing to much.

--------------------
Vonnie S. Toop

This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: