Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Camping trip (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Camping trip
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is anyone game for camping for a weekend? or even the 4 days of July 4th?

Or maybe even just getting together for the 4 days?

Do people already have plans? [Light Bulb] [Thumbs Up]

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to work July 5th so the full 4 days won't work for us plus everyone and their dogs will be camping that weekend. Let's try for a weekend that wouldn't be as busy.

June is already full. July is pretty much full for the weekends that we have Maria. Mid August would probably not be as hot and everyone should be all tuckered out from camping. Just a few thoughts. Throw out a date and we will see if it works.

Where were you thinking? Some place close and in between everyone so that there isn't so much traveling for everyone.

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 4th will not work for us we have two places to go that day. As of yet we haven't decided which to do. We just arrived home from 3 days of camping and are sick of it! We'll need time to get the camping itch again.

Was wondering if we could do some camping at a State Park instead of a campground like we did last year? It is too close to other campers and tenting people. At State Parks you're more spread apart but they do have group camp areas so we could be camping in the same area.

Mom has a very nice State Park called the Whitewater State Park. It is a very nice camp area and we could do some hiking, they have nature education films, etc. It would be a more central location for most. It would be 4 hours for us but don't think we'd mind too much. We would have to set a date and make plans ahead of time. Labor Day weekend would be good. Last summer fun!?

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
July 4th for us is no good-Jeff's family reuion is that Saturday.

We plan to go on the 11th-13th of July. But we're going up North of here.

August 8th 9th and 10th is another time for us to go camping-didn't make plans as to where. Anyone is welcome to join.

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there anyone interested in going camping the 8th-11th of August??? If not then we'll go ahead and make plans to go camping with some friends up north.

[ July 05, 2002, 04:10 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It depends where you are thinking of camping? We won't have any time to take off from work from the 8th-11th, but possibly for the weekend. If you have ideas throw them out so we can plan. It might be too late for some places to camp.

Sheleen & her family might be all camped out.... [Big Grin] [Wink]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

I spoke with Shannon today and we are thinking of camping in SpringValley, WI. The same place we camped at about 4 years ago. Labor Day weekend Sept,1998.

It'll be Aug 9-11th. We are planning on being there, we need an electrical site and if they let dogs come.

Hope everyone can make it, it sure would be fun. [Big Grin] [Smile]

--------------------
Sheryl

Anaconda
Member # 33

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anaconda   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a place in Menomie that has elect. so I'll check it out tomorrow and see what's available. The one in spring valley has elect but it's where the rv's park,so then we'll be on gravel. This one in Memonie looks really interesting. Check it out; edgewater acres campground. I tried putting the website but had problems!! So just go and search;Wisconsin camping ec. It has more to do within the area without having to leave to go do something;like a heated pool,paddle boats to rent,fishing paddle boats,play gound etc.

OOPs that was me~~~~~Shannon (I'm on Ryan's computer!!! [Roll Eyes]

[ July 08, 2002, 11:31 PM: Message fixed by: Anaconda ]

--------------------
~Ryan

Posts: 49 | From: Hong Kong, China  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Webmaster
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.mycampground.com

This is the site Address [Smile]

[ July 09, 2002, 12:48 PM: Message fixed by: Eric ]

--------------------
~ Eric

Posts: 1139 | From: Ramsey, Minnesota  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

This looks good to me. If there is openings for the weekend we were planning lets reserve so we are sure to have a place to camp.

Say I, if you are interested.

We say

I

[Wink] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

[Thumbs Up] [Thumbs Up] We it is!

And Thanks Eric;I tried but just didn't do what I wanted it too! [Wink]

I'm calling right now and then give Stacy's a call being their computer is down,to let them know.

[ July 09, 2002, 06:41 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Count us out, again! [Roll Eyes]

Any other weekend in August is open for us expect that weekend if you're open to changing we would appreciate it.

When plans are made in stone before including us in the plans one can't expect us to be available. We would cancel our plans if we could but it is a job requirement for Bill.

We would consider coming afterwards but going 4 hour drive one way for one night of camping, it doesn't pay. None of you would do it either.

Again we feel left out of the family plans. Next time why can't it be so we don't alway have to do the traveling. We're just as far away as it is for any to come this way but it alway is planned in a more convenient location for the rest of you.

Have fun without us!

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

We made those plans because no other plans were being made. If you know of a place that is 1/2 way for everyone & has an opening then suggest it we've all been pretty much open. We have 7 days prior, to the plans we've already made, to cancel out. Nothing is set in stone. Yes we've made reservations because it is short notice and pretty much all places are going to be filled up and if you don't make reservations then you won't be camping. Usually at State parks you have to reserve 1 year in advance.

I believe that Shannon has been trying to get a hold of you to see if you would be able to join us and wasn't successful in doing so. I told her last night, 6:30 p.m., to go ahead and plan it just so that we don't loose out if it did work for all. Like we've said in the past it won't work for everyone at the same time just like last year Shannon & Jeff's weren't able to go with us when you, Stacy's & Us went with Dad.

"It would be a more central location for most. It would be 4 hours for us but don't think we'd mind too much." This is your quote from your post why is it that the 3 hrs to Menomminee would be worse than the 4 to mom's? It is 3 hrs for Shannon's & you the only people close is Stacy & Us.

The only weekends that works so that Maria can be included will be Aug 9-11th or Aug 23-25th and we don't have any objections to changing plans and if it means we can't join you then so be it. [Cool]

I spoke with Jeff Papendorf and he said that is their vacation they were just inviting others to join them for those that wanted to or could. It just happened that we didn't have nothing planned and wanted to go camping. I think that is the same for Stacy & Denny's.

P.S. If it doesn't have electrical sites it'll be a little difficult for Eric to sleep so please take that into consideration when you find a place. [Wink]

[ July 10, 2002, 06:21 PM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

The first and only call we ever received on this was last evening (7/9/02) at 7:20 p.m. If we were contacted before there was never a message left. At 6:30 last night when you made your plans we weren't even aware of it. And we were home all day until 7 p.m. so there was no way anyone could have called on this. If we were on the phone you would have still been able to leave a phone message. Bill called to see if we could change the date but it couldn't be, so yes it is set in stone.
Alex
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as far as I know Aug 8-11th works for us to go camping. I'll let you know for sure in the next couple of days if it's definite. I'm off Thursdays & Fridays but not sure what Denny's plans are. Will check with him tomorrow but as far as I can see it should work.

Yeah, it's really hard to make sure everyone can come on the same weekend. Last year we set the date months in advance and it didn't work the same weekend for everyone. I know it's no fun being left out but somethings just can't be helped. Maybe next year we all will be available the same weekend or not. [Confused] [Thumbs Down]

Sorry it doesn't work that weekend for you, Bill & Sheleen. If you want to go camping again this year, you can always set a date and see if anyone can come. But I thought you were camped out? So it shouldn't be such a big disappointment, right? [Embarrassed] [Wink] Maybe next time.

Posts: 36 | From: Wherever I feel like being  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: