Toop.org Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Toop.org » What's Happening? » What's on your mind? » Camping trip (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Camping trip
Alex
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh by the way, if it makes you feel better. I just heard about it last night also. No one was trying to exclude your family. It's just unfortunate that it didn't work for you. (unless there's any chance you could squeeze it in?! [Light Bulb] [Thumbs Up] )

Have a good evening!!

Posts: 36 | From: Wherever I feel like being  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't set in stone. It can be canceled. [Cool]

This is Shannon & Jeff's vacation and they were willing to come this far to have us join them for those that can. So wether we can make it or not they still will be going camping Aug 8-11 be it Menominee or some place else.

We can set it for another date to see if it'll work with all of us...go ahead and set a date that might work for all, find the camp site and those that can come will be there. We aren't excluding anyone. Sorry that it didn't work this time for all. [Frown]

--------------------
Sheryl

Posts: 3134 | From: Ramsey, MN  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would be nice once that we would plan 6 months ahead with all in mind and make it work for everyone to come. [Light Bulb] Maybe even a year if it that helps. And keep that time for then. 2-3 wks before hand many may have plans.

It isn't that we want to go camping it is that we would like to be with everyone!

Don't worry about us we'll get over it. [Cry Smiley] Maybe? [Wink]

We are going camping Labor day weekend at Games Lake near New London, MN 15 miles from us, for anyone who wants to join us. Last summer fun before schoolstarts and I go back to 4 days a week of work. [Cry Smiley]

[ July 12, 2002, 05:56 PM: Message fixed by: Sheleen ]

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheryl   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok...that sounds like a plan, but do you know what day would work for you next year? I believe in last years post that we all suggested that but it was never done, because time got away from us. Then summer comes and everyone wants to make plans then most places are already filled up.

Sorry Labor Day weekend will not work for us because Maria will be with Vince that weekend. It is his weekend and Holiday. That also would mean a 6 hr or so drive for Shannon & Jeff's for a holiday weekend that will have a lot of traffic. You never know though they might not mind.

[ July 13, 2002, 10:28 AM: Message fixed by: Sheryl ]

--------------------
Sheryl

Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We'd like to do a week next summer at the Minaqua (sp?) camping area. Sounds like a nice place with white sandy beaches and fun things to do if it rains. I'm going on the site to see when opening are for next year and will post them so we can all make plans now. This is for an entire week, Sunday night to Saturday night. It's a drive for all of us but who cares - we'll have fun!!

Sorry, Sheleen! Labor day weekend doesn't work for us either. I'm suppose to work at the Minnesota State Fair for work. [Whatchutalkingabout Smile] This is what I'll look like after talking to 1,000 of people! ha!

I'll let everyone know what I find out for camping next year and will post it.

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Sorry, but I was thinking more like Thursday to Sunday camping. Neither I or Eric would be interested in a full week. After that long I would be sick of camping forever. [Frown] [Whatchutalkingabout Smile]

Where is this Minaqua located?

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's ok if you just want to come Thurs-Sunday. It's just worth the time of going longer b/c of the time it takes just to get packed and unpacked and packed and unpacked. It felt like we didn't have long enough time just to enjoy camping.

This is for next summer. And July is a better time to pick-so start figuring out what date to choice. The deadline to say what you want is August 24th. If there is no one that decides by then are out of the picture,unless you get lucky at the last minute. We'll get the site right away so it's there for next summer. Also it has to be paid inadvance.

[ July 15, 2002, 10:19 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Ok....are we camping both July & August? [Whatchutalkingabout Smile] You want to camp twice in one summer for a week on both times? [Surprised Smiley]
Please set me straight if I read that wrong.

These places you are thinking of camping how easy are they to get out of? If I'm pg next summer or just had a baby that just wouldn't be happening for me if it is anything like when I had Maria. NO! We aren't pg! [Smile]

We'll let you know by Aug 24th or just take the chance that we can make it and if not so be it. [Cool]

--------------------
Sheryl

Shannon
Member # 19

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shannon           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes,Sheryl that's what was in mind but 1wk of camping will do. And what ever works out is what one plans: like if you just want to camp thurs-Sun or if you want to go Sun til Sun.

Next yrs July dates to choice from are: Sun 13th-Sun 20th or Sun 20th-Sun 27th.

For August dates are:Sun10th-Sun17th or Sun 17th-Sun 24th also it could work out Sun 24th-Sept 1st-which would give us an extra day to pack and leave or have that extra day to get back to the reality of life-work the next day. [Frown]
August 24th-Sept 1st would be labor day wkend.

[ July 15, 2002, 10:59 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Posts: 533 | From: Wausau Wi USA  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stacy
Forum Regular
Member # 27

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stacy   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking one week next year in Minoqua and one week the following year in Minnesota area.

Shannon, what did you mean by "Jeff's family" I'm confused - Jeff Papendorf's side of the family during that time?

Posts: 417 | From: Mpls  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

Excuse me! [Wink] I must be in the camping mood! [Big Grin] That is fine with Us,one wk each yr, camping with one another. Actually we would go Wednesday-Monday of Labor Day wk. August 26th-Sept 1st. I love camping!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

However this is what Jeff is suggesting: that it's central located between the Minn and Wis border. Where there is electicity. Anyone that knows of any camp sites that is close inbetween and has electicity-POST IT. Also keep in mind a place for the kids to play and swim! Just a few things to keep in mind-any other suggestions?

Jeff looked up Merrick State park and it has electicity. But the only bad thing is it don't have shad in that area. The sites w/out elect has shad. So if Eric and Sheryl don't mind sleeping by themselves and hang around by our sites during the day time. Keep looking everyone.

Once we find something that is worth reserving for the next yr-we'll make it our place to go every yr. Sound like a good idea??

Brad and Julie Pederson each summer go to the same one with their family,maybe we can find out from them what it's like and where it is.

Stacy-Jeff's family means "US". [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ July 15, 2002, 11:05 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sheleen           Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why not on MN side since it has been in WI side for the past 2 yrs?

We are open to any of those times. Are those the weekends Maria is with Sheryl and you have off, Shannon?

It would be nice to know the date because we are planning time up north for 3 days at a cabin.

When we figure out the dates then we'll look at a campground.

Posts: 1020 | From: Spicer, MN 56288  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shannon
Member # 19

For those that read my posting prior to this one-PLEASE read over. I made changes.

Sheleen you'll have to find the camp site-no more saying what one dosen't want without having a spot picked out. All we're doing is suggesting places.

Merrick is next to the border of Minn and Wis. It's a state park which is cheaper and it has electricty for Eric.

Just face the fact that We and you will have to go the farthest no matter what-unless you're thinking more of something in your back door. In that case Jeff says count us out. It would only be considerate if it's more inbeween for both of us.

As for dates. i don't work wkends any more, so whatever is chosen for the dates posted for July and August dosen't matter for us=whatever Sheryl finds out or decides, we can go from there. But once Janurary is here, what Jeff takes as vacation is what he gets.

It also doesn't hurt to find a camp ground with what we're looking for-dates or no dates.

Keep looking!

[ July 15, 2002, 11:03 PM: Message fixed by: Shannon ]

--------------------
Shannon

Sheryl
Super Poster
Member # 3

Bunker Hills Campground is only located 2 or 3 miles from our house. We have never gone home while we have camped there. Eric, I & Maria have camped there twice and really like it. Never had a problem with noise, but it was during a normal summer week. It'll keep us close to the city that offers a lot of water activities. There is a water park about another 1 or 2 miles on the other side of our house. This is in our backyard but it is pretty much as close as you can come to 1/2 way for the Pfingsten's and Papendorf's.

It has the following: 50 Sites, 25 with water & Electric hookups. Group camping area. Beautiful wooded sites within the 1400 acre Bunker Hill Regional Park. Showers, Hiking trails, Biking Trails, dump station, firewood, Bunker Park stables, wave pool, & Bunker Hills Golf Course. We do know that pretty much all these sites have shade and a lot of electrical sites. The bathrooms are very modern and very clean.

http://www.co.anoka.mn.us/departments/park_rec/qlinks/camping/camping.htm

We have Maria these weekends for Summer 2003! -June 14th, June 28, July 12th, July 26th, August 9th and August 23. We will not do any Holidays only because there is a guarntee that it will be packed and noisy. We would like to go during an off week and during the week example Monday-Friday that way you are more likely not have to contend with others....space, noise, supplies, activites,etc.

Shannon you should put our family not Jeff's.... [Razz] [Wink] Sounds like Jeff is the only one coming... LOL! [Smile]

We will let you know by Jan 2003 if we will be joining you or not...might be pg!

--------------------
Sheryl

Sheleen
Grand Member
Member # 20

I think Sheryl's idea is a good one to do it a Bunker Hills there is lots to do in the area. An off time in the summer sounds best and, also, Monday-Friday camping. It looks like that there is a group area. Would there be electrical hook-ups in there? Those areas are usually more private. This is exciting to be planning this now so we can all be together.
  This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Faces

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To: